Friday, 26 August 2016

Remember all the Wombles

Last night I went with an old work friend to a fundraiser pub quiz for the Lib Dems. Now, I'm more of a Labour voter by birth and upbringing. But it is almost pointless voting Labour where I live.
Our current MP is not a Lib Dem, but the previous one was and was ousted at the last election. That made most of the town (although clearly not enough of the town) very sad indeed.
Brilliantly, he is standing for election again in four years' time. Hence the need to fundraise!
I'm usually quite good at quizzes. I really enjoy the combination of competition and sociality that comes along with a pub quiz. Quizzes tend to favour those who know a bit about lots of stuff but not a lot about anything in particular = me.


My team came last. Not least because we had a total mind blank on the names of the Wombles and the capital cities questions were TOO HARD (Chechnya?? Qatar??).


It's Oronoko who is named after a river in South America. Damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment