
Oscar’s been in Germany this week. He’s been texting us sporadically since he was “10 minutes from France”. His gnomic messages are giving us just about enough flavour to know he's ok. We've spoken to him each evening. I think we can confidently say that we have produced a self-sufficient child there. He’s happy with his mates and not giving home much thought. When we’ve spoken to him he’s sounded enthusiastic about what he’s been doing and not showing any signs of homesickness!
Billy went on the same trip last year.
On Monday
night, Ads and Billy spoke to Oscar while I was out and so I called him myself on
my way home. When I asked how his day in Koln had been he said, absently, “just
ask Dad and Bill to tell you because I’m quite busy playing football with my
friends”. This is the boy who has often said that he would love to go boarding
school so he could live with his mates.
I’m looking
forward to having him home tomorrow evening!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete