Sunday, 2 September 2018

MOTD


Last night we were group chatting with my father in law. Although we get on well enough for an in-law relationship; we are very different. He voted for Brexit, his views on people from other countries and EU freedom of movement vary WILDLY from mine, along with his views  and assumptions about gender roles.

We were messaging about the Wolves match yesterday (which they won, yay!) and he commented that Ads and the boy should watch Match of the Day to see the highlights. Thinking he may have just forgotten that I chat to him about football EVERY time I see him (because I enjoy it, and also to prevent talk turning to immigration), or that he may not know that I am the one who reminds our house when, where and who Wolves are playing each weekend, I asked ‘am I allowed to watch MOTD too, or is it just for boys’? *wink emoji*

His response was that he didn’t know I was interested (perhaps I should just not even try to make conversation about football again) and that I could by all means ‘watch along with the lads; and supply the drinks and snacks’.

I am ashamed to admit to having (lighthearted) bigotry fatigue and, as such, cannot be bothered to reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment